We’ll take a banana split, but hold the ice cream. That’s right, the bananas get to shine in this warm caramel delight.
Warm Caramel Bananas
- 2 Tbsp . butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1 oz . BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate , melted
- 1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add sugar; cook until melted, stirring occasionally. Gradually mix in sour cream; cook on low heat 1 min.
Cut bananas lengthwise, then crosswise in half. Add, cut sides down, to skillet; cook 1 min., basting occasionally with sauce from bottom of skillet. Stir in nuts.
Spoon bananas evenly into 4 dessert dishes; top with remaining sauce in skillet. Drizzle with chocolate; top with COOL WHIP.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of Kraft Recipes