Compliments follow this dessert recipe everywhere it goes: moist, airy, refreshing, sweet. And might we add, easy.
Strawberry Swirl Cake
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- ⅔ cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 2 (8- or 9-inch) round pans. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; pour half into medium bowl. Add dry gelatin mix; stir until blended. Spoon half the white batter and half the pink batter, side by side, into each prepared pan; swirl gently with spoon.
- Bake 30 min. Cool cakes 30 min. in pans. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Mix sour cream and sugar in medium bowl until blended. Gently stir in COOL WHIP. Stack cake layers on plate, filling with 1 cup of the COOL WHIP mixture and 1 cup berries. Frost top and side with remaining COOL WHIP mixture. Top with remaining berries.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of Kraft Recipes