This pineapple jello dessert is a hit at parties. Sweet, salty and tart at the same time!
Pineapple Jello Dessert
- 6 oz package Island Pineapple OR Cherry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2½ cups salted pretzels (before crushing)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz tub of cool whip, thawed in the fridge
- 1 can pineapples chunks
- ¼ cup cherries
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine Jello with 2 cups boiling water and stir until completely dissolved. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Crush 2½ cups pretzels in a sturdy ziploc bag, using a rolling pin.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt 8 Tbsp butter then add ¼ cup sugar and stir.
- Mix in crushed pretzels.
- Transfer to a 13x9 glass casserole dish, pressing the pretzel mix evenly over the bottom of the dish and bake for 10 min at 350°F, then cool to room temp.
- While pretzel mix is cooling, use a hand mixer to beat 8 oz cream cheese and ½ cup sugar on med/high speed until fluffy and white.
- Fold in 8 oz Cool Whip until no streaks of cream cheese remain.
- Spread mixture over cooled pretzels and go all the way to the edges of the dish to create a seal (you don’t want jello to leak into the pretzels). Refrigerate 30 min.
- Stir pineapple chunks and cherries into your room temperature jello. Poor and spread jello mixture evenly over your cooled cream cheese layer and refrigerate until jello is set (2-4 hours)