Add shredded rotisserie chicken to make this a quick complete meal.
Italian Corn Skillet
- 4 ears corn , fresh, husked*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red onion , chopped
- 1 cup red or green bell pepper , chopped
- 1 6.5- oz jar artichoke hearts , marinated, drained, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon basil , dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ cup California walnuts , chopped, toasted
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- *May substitute 3 cups frozen and thawed or canned no salt added corn.
Hold each ear of corn upright in a large bowl; cut off kernels using a sharp knife.
Heat oil in a very large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Increase heat slightly and add corn, bell pepper, artichoke hearts, basil and garlic salt to skillet; cook and stir for 5 minutes more or until all vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir in walnuts and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of California Walnuts Board