Make your own filling for a fruit pie!
Homemade Fruit Pie Filling
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp . of fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- ¼ tsp . of vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp . of almond extract
- ⅛ tsp . of ground cinnamon
- 4 to 5 large peaches that are peeled pitted, and chopped (can be fresh or frozen
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup cherries
- *** You can change up to use and fruit you wish: Apples Bananas, Blueberries
In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together the water, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook until thickened and bubbly, for around 5 minutes.
Cook for another 3 minutes once it becomes bubbly, making sure to stir consistently.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
Add the fruit and mix until everything is well combined.
Make sure to cool the filling to room temperature then use right away or store in the refrigerator for a few days.
** Add to a cooked pie shell or just top with ice cream