Grilled Beef Tenderloin
- 1 whole beef tenderloin
- 16 oz zesty Italian dressing
- 2 tbsp creole seasoning
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp old bay season
- Prepare beef: Trim off excess fat with a sharp knife.
- Snip silverskin with scissors to keep roast from bowing during cooking.
- Mix marinade ingredients.
- Marinade steak 4 hour - over night in refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator about 30 prior to cooking, to reach room temperature.
- Turn all gas burners in grill on high for 10 minutes.
- Lubricate grate with an oil-soaked rag using tongs.
- Place beef on hot rack and close lid; grill until well-seared, about 5 minutes.
- Turn meat and close lid; grill until well-seared on second side, another 5 minutes.
- Turn off burner directly underneath the meat and turn remaining one or two burners (depending on grill style) to medium.
- Cook until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest section registers 130 degrees for rosy pink, 45 to 60 minutes, depending on tenderloin size and grill.
- Let meat rest 15 minutes before carving.
Recipe by At Home With My Honey at http://athomewithmyhoney.com/grilled-beef-tenderloin/