- 1 lb bacon
- 2 tbs. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. pepper or more to taste
- Salt if needed
- 8 slices of toast
- In a non-stick pan over medium high heat cook bacon.
- Leave about 2 tbs bacon grease in the pan, add flour and whisk.
- Continue to whisk until flour/fat mixture is hot and bubbly and becomes the color of caramel.
- Slowly add milk and Worcestershire sauce, continuously whisking to blend.
- Add crumbles bacon, boil for one minute then remove from heat.
- Season with pepper and salt if necessary.
- Cut toast on the diagonal, and lay 2 slices on each plate slightly overlapping each other.
- Ladle a ½ cup of gravy over the toast.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by At Home With My Honey at http://athomewithmyhoney.com/s-o-s-recipe/