Lemon Glazed Blueberry Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- Zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¾ cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the flour and set aside
- In a large bowl whisk together 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, vanilla, eggs, sugar, sour cream, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, just until smooth. Do not over mix or your bread will come out tough.
- Lightly fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Once bread is finished, remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the loaf pan.
- Remove from loaf pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the confectioners sugar and lemon juice.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the glaze on top of the bread.
Recipe by At Home With My Honey at http://athomewithmyhoney.com/lemon-glazed-blueberry-bread/