This Pinwheel Pastry is so easy even your kids could make it.
Easy Strawberry Jam Pinwheel Pastry
- One 1 pound package of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Cup strawberry Jam or any fruit jam
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- ¼ Cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F
- To assemble the pinwheels, cut the dough into 5 inch squares and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using a knife or kitchen scissors, make a 1 ½ inch cut at each corner of the dough, diagonally toward the center of the danish. Spoon a Tablespoon of your favorite jam in the center of each square of dough.
- Gather every second point of dough, bringing it to the center of the pastry. Press these 4 corners together slightly. Brush the pastry with the melted butter and sprinkle with the granulated sugar.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until puffed up and evenly golden brown.
- Makes 8