Use any variety of your favorite ingredients such as roast chicken, canned tuna, olives, canned beans, cooked potatoes, cooked green beans, sliced mushrooms, corn or crumbled bacon in this salad.
Easy Layered Salad
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tomatoes about 2 cups, chopped
- 1 package shredded Cheddar cheese 8 ounces, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 3 hard-cooked eggs sliced
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham or turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Dill Weed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Mustard Ground
Place salad greens in bottom of large serving bowl. Layer tomatoes, 1 cup of cheese, peas, eggs, ham and onion over greens.
Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, dill weed and ground mustard in medium bowl until well blended. Spread evenly over salad. Cover.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight until ready to serve. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese just before serving.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of McCormick.com