The ultimate crowd pleasing food in the richest, creamiest sauce.
Creamy Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb. pasta of your choice
- ½ c. butter
- ½ c. flour
- 4 c. milk
- 6 c. freshly shredded sharp or white Cheddar
- 1 T. salt
- 1 T. pepper
- 2 T. butter
- ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- Parsley ( optional)
- Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour and whisk and cook 2-3 minutes. Add in salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour in 4 c. milk whisking until smooth and heating to a low boil until thickened. Do not stop until thick. Remove from heat.
- Grease a 9x13" baking dish and add the hot pasta to the dish. Over the top sprinkle 6 c. of freshly shredded cheese.
- Pour the thickened cream sauce over the hot pasta and cheese and let it sit until the cheese melts. Stir everything together.
- Melt 2 T. butter over medium heat. Add in panko bread crumbs, stirring constantly 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Pour over the mac and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven 12-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley over top if desired,