These Chocolate Mint Brownies will melt in your mouth.
Chocolate Mint Brownies
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 and ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon mint extract
- a few drops green food coloring
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 16 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Whisk in the oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and mint extracts.
- Beat in the cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Spread in the prepared pan
- Bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few crumbs. Let cool completely.
- Beat the butter in a mixer for 1-2 minutes,
- Beat in the powdered sugar.
- Add enough of the milk or cream to be a spreadable consistency and the mint extract to your tastes.
- Spread on top of cooled brownies and refrigerate.
- Finely chop the chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Do not let it boil.
- Pour the whipping cream over the chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the mint layer and refrigerate until set.
Hi! We are a mother daughter team, sharing our homes with you. Wonderful recipes, entertaining, cleaning and amazing tips will keep you coming back for more. We hope you enjoy.