A twist to Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Chocolate Chip Cookies With Sprinkles
- 1 cup butter, melted and then cooled
- 1½ cups light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature preferred
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups sprinkles
- In large bowl, stir together melted butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients, stirring until completely combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Cover bowl with clear wrap and allow to chill for at least 30 minutes
- While the dough is chilling, preheat oven to 350F and prepare cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- Scoop about 2-3 Tbsp of cookie dough and roll into balls, making them slightly taller than they are wide. Place them at least 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake about 13 minutes (cookies will appear to be a bit underdone, but edges should be just beginning to turn golden brown).
- Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet. If desired, gently press a few chocolate chips on top of the hot cookies.
- **Keep unbaked cookie dough in fridge while waiting to put the next batch in the oven, and do not place cookie dough on a hot cookie sheet.