Chocolate Bar Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 (1.55 oz. each) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars , broken into sections
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- ⅔ cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- CHOCOLATE BAR FILLING (recipe follows)
- Prepare CHOCOLATE BAR FILLING.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Fill muffin cups ⅔ full with batter. Spoon 1 level tablespoon FILLING into center of each cupcake.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Top each cupcake with chocolate bar piece. About 2-1/2 dozen cupcakes.
- CHOCOLATE BAR FILLING
- package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- /3 cup sugar
- /8 teaspoon salt
- HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bar (1.55 oz. each), cut into ¼-inch pieces*
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and salt in small bowl until smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate bar pieces.
- *Any size HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars may be used to make a total of about 6 ounces or about 1 cup chocolate pieces.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of hersheys.com